April 8, 2021
THE EXECUTIVE HAS EVALUATED THE IMPACT OF THE APRIL 7, 2021 STAY AT HOME ORDER ON THE STATUS OF TENNIS AT THE BTC. AT THIS POINT IT HAS BEEN DECIDED THAT ONLY SINGLES PLAY WILL BE ALLOWED. AS THE PROVINCE AND/OR REGION PROVIDES FURTHER DIRECTION WE WILL UPDATE THE MEMBERS.
We have updated our Covid-19 Protocols as they stand at this time (they have been changed more than once during the drafting of the protocols). As the protocols change, updates will be emailed to the members, posted on the website and updated at the courts. The Protocols have been developed with the assistance of the Ontario Tennis Association, Public Health Ontario, and the Public Health Department of Durham Region.
It is extremely important that Members follow these Protocols and any updates that follow for the sake of continued tennis at the BTC and most importantly for everyone’s health and safety.
The Covid-19 Protocols apply to all participants at the Bowmanville Tennis Club, Members and guests of Members of the Bowmanville Tennis Club.
1) You are required to sign and return the BTC Covid Waiver before entering the courts. This needs to be completed only once. A copy of the waiver was emailed to Members and is available on the website or you can email us and ask for a copy. The waiver is required for each individual Member, adult or junior.
2) You must complete and pass the online Covid-19 self evaluation test prior to entering the courts. This needs to be completed each time you come to the courts. The test is required for each individual Member, adult or junior. You should either save to your device or email yourself a copy of the results.
3) All court usage must be booked on the Squashnut Booking System, (remember to include your guest’s name if bringing a guest) this is necessary in case there is a need for contact tracing.
4) All participants at the Bowmanville Tennis Club should familiarize themselves with the Bowmanville Tennis Club Covid-19 Guidelines and Safety Plan. These documents were emailed to the members and are available on our website and at the courts.
5) The online screening website is
Check out The Court Newsletter Section for Club and other Tennis news.
April 8, 2021
The Bowmanville Tennis Club as a member club of the Ontario Tennis Association (OTA) is pleased to support their policy regarding Harassment and Abuse and their policy regarding Inclusion. To view these policies, please click on the appropriate link.
A reminder to keep using the Squashnut Booking System to book your courts and to see when some of the other activities are available. Remember to include your guest’s name if bringing a guest.
The information for paying your fees is on the Registration Form.
Forms and Covid-19 Protocols can be Downloaded from the
June and Denis at the Clarington Sports and Leisure Fair 2020. Photo by Mackenzie Gunn
CHECK YOUR CALENDARS – TBA, 2020 TERRY FOX RUN
Please participate in this year’s Terry Fox Run as a part of the Bowmanville Tennis Club Team. You can run/walk/bike for this worthy cause.If you are unable to do that, please make a cash donation to the BTC Team. The BTC Team has supported the Terry Fox Run for decades and our cumulative donations to date exceed $20,000.00, let’s have great support for another year. Hard copies of the donation form will be available in the cabinet at the courts closer to the date of the run.
It is never to late to register for Tennis at the BTC. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registrations forms for 2021 are available on the Downloads Page.
If you have any questions, please contact me via the website or email – email@example.com.
Welcome to the BTC – Come and experience the best tennis in Clarington.
The Club is located on Beech Street in Bowmanville, Ontario, and shares the property with the Bowmanville Older Adults Association.
We welcome your questions and comments. Please use Leave a Reply to contact us or email firstname.lastname@example.org