TO DOWNLOAD A COPY OF THE GUIDELINES GO TO THE
Updates to a Safe Return to Tennis – Facility Guidelines
The Bowmanville Tennis club would like to thank the Ontario
Tennis Association for developing these Stage 2 guidelines
which we have adapted to the BTC. These Guidelines allow for a
Resumption of Doubles Tennis
The guidelines have been developed keeping in mind that the situation is fluid and recommendations could change, based on the latest best-practices released by medical experts and levels of government. `
● Players must practice physical distancing; staying a minimum of 2 metres.
● Limit sharing of balls while on court and more importantly, players should make liberal use of hand sanitizer before, during and after play.
● Cross at opposite ends of the net during change of sides.
CLEANLINESS & HYGIENE STRATEGIES
● Members are responsible for bringing plenty of hand sanitizer. Please sterilize the lock and door when entering and exiting the courts.
● Players are reminded to be vigilant about sterilizing their hands, coughing or sneezing into a tissue or into the crook of their elbow.
● Players are reminded not to share any personal items with their partners.
● Players are asked to keep a record of the dates and times they play. In the event of a member having a positive Covid-19 test their log could be used for contact tracing.
● Members must refrain from playing and to stay home if they:
1/ are not feeling well or have any known coronavirus symptoms, (incl. fever, cough, difficulty breathing, etc.).
2/ have been in contact with someone with Covid19
3/ have been overseas in the previous 14 days.
In addition, members are reminded that:
The following Individuals are considered vulnerable or at risk: elderly individuals, immunosuppressed persons and/or individuals suffering from serious health problems – notably high blood pressure, pulmonary diseases, diabetes, obesity and asthma.
ORGANIZING TENNIS ACTIVITIES
● Members are reminded to utilize the Squashnut Booking System to Book Courts.
● Members waiting for a court must social distance outside the courts.
● Depending on the policy of the BOAA there may or may not be access to washrooms while at the club. Plan your visits accordingly.