TO DOWNLOAD A COPY OF THE Protocols and Safety Plan go to the
Updates to BTC Covid-19 Protocols
The Bowmanville Tennis club would like to thank the Ontario Tennis Association its assistance in developing these guidelines which we have adapted for the BTC.
PRE-PLAY SELF SCREENING
● Upon completion of the self screening you should save a copy of the results to your computer or email a copy of the results to yourself.
Members must utilize the Squashnut Booking System to Book Courts
Players should refer to the Bowmanville Tennis Club Covid-19 Safety Plan for additional information. This is available at the courts, on our website and in an email communication sent to members. Bowmanville Tennis Club
● Players should continue to practise good hand hygiene using sanitizer before, during and after play – often.
CLEANLINESS & HYGIENE STRATEGIES
● Members are responsible for bringing plenty of hand sanitizer. Please sterilize the lock and door when entering and exiting the courts. New It is your responsibility to sanitize the benches before and after use.
● Players are reminded to be vigilant about sterilizing their hands, coughing or sneezing into a tissue or into the crook of their elbow.
● Players are reminded not to share any personal items with their partners.
● Members must refrain from playing and to stay home if they:
1/ are not feeling well or have any known coronavirus symptoms, (incl. fever, cough, difficulty breathing, etc.).
2/ have been in contact with someone with Covid19
● When waiting for your court to open, please physical distance outside the courts
● Depending on the policy of the BOAA there may or may not be access to washrooms while at the club. Plan your visits accordingly.
BTC COVID-19 Safety Plan – Snapshot
Business name: Bowmanville Tennis Club Revision date: April 5, 2021
Date completed: April 5, 2021
Contact Person: John Morris firstname.lastname@example.org
Measures we are taking
How we are ensuring members know how to keep themselves safe from exposure to COVID-19
· Ensure our procedures are up to date by a daily review of Ministry of Health Guidance
· Ensure Covid-19 Guidelines are posted at the courts: posted on the BTC Website (https://bowmanvilletennisclub.com : emailed to our Membership
· Ensure timely updates from the Ministry of Health and Ontario Tennis Association Covid-19 Guidance
· If anyone develops symptoms of COVID-19 while at the club, the person should isolate until they can return home and should communicate to the Club, in case of the need for contact tracing
· It is not permitted for anyone to enter the facility if they have symptoms of COVID-19. Please refer to the signage at the entrance to the courts.
How we are screening for COVID-19
· Will communicate to members that they must self screen before coming to the courts using the Ontario Government Customer Screening Site https://covid-19.ontario.ca/screening/customer/
· A list of the screen questions will be available at the courts
· Members must book their and their guest’s court times through the Squashnut Booking System http://www.squashnut.com/index.asp
How we are controlling the risk of tranmission at the courts
· Members must self screen before coming to the courts
· Members are expected to have hand washed and hand sanitized before coming into the courts and to hand sanitize frequently during their matches
· Members are expected to sanitize the lock and gate when first entering the courts (if opening the gate) and when last leaving the courts (if closing the gate)
· Members are expected to maintain social distancing 2M
· Members should not congregate outside the playing area
· Members should sanitize the benches and any other surfaces they touch
· Members should avoid fist pumps, high fives, handshakes, etc
· Refer to signage at the entrance to the courts.
What we will do if there is a potential case, or suspected exposure to, COVID-19 at our courts
· Member bookings are via our online booking system
· If a member tests positive or there is a potential case, or if there is a suspected case the member should contact his/her playing partners to inform them of the situation
· If necessary the Club should be informed so the Squashnut information can be utilized for contact tracing if required
· If necessary Durham Region Public will be informed for contact tracing
How we are managing any new risks caused by the changes made to the way we operate our club
· The BTC will update its Covid-19 guidance as needed and as evolving situations dictate
How we are making sure our plan is working
· The BTC will closely monitor the status of COVID-19 at the Bowmanville Tennis Club
· The Club Secretary (in consultation with the Executive) will be responsible for updating the “Plan” and communicating any changes to the Membership via email and posting it to the website and at the courts.