BTC Sanctioned Events
The courts are reserved for the following BTC sanctioned events as described below and for other BTC events as approved by the BTC Executive. The courts are available for Member Booking via the Squashnut booking system at other times.
The Squashnut Website is to be used for booking all Club Activities.
The BTC season runs from May 1st of one year until April 30th of the following year. At some point in the fall, good nets are replaced with older nets and play is available to Members and their guests as long as there is cooperative weather.
Adult Club Nights –
Adult Club Nights Mondays will run from 7:00 – 9:00pm. Any Monday Night Courts not booked by Saturday, will be “unblocked” and available for open booking, This means that once unblocked they would be available for Singles or Doubles play. In May and June, the Thursday Night Club Night will run from 6:30 – 8:30 (at the conclusion of the Junior Lessons). In July and August, the Thursday Night Club Night will run from 6:00 – 8:00 (at the conclusion of the Junior Lessons). Any Thursday Night Courts not booked by Tuesday, will be “unblocked” and available for open booking. This means that once unblocked they would be available for Singles or Doubles play. Start Date to be determined.
Adult Complimentary Lessons and Thrill of the Drill:
This year we will be offering 4 free introductory lessons for any adult member. The classes, (each two hours) run on Tuesdays 7-9 pm. If it rains, classes are deferred to the next Tuesday. At the conclusion of the lessons, they will morph into the Thrill of the Drills, if there is sufficient interest. These complimentary lessons are offered by our Club Executive Members Denis Beaulieu, Don Ashfield, and Steve Spracklin. Start Date – May 17th. Sign Up is on Squashnut.
Junior Complimentary Lessons:
This year we will be offering 4 free introductory lessons for any junior member. The classes (each one and half hours) run on Mondays 4:30-6 pm. If it rains, classes are deferred to the next Monday. These complimentary lessons are offered by Club Executive Members. Steve Spracklin, Don Ashfield and Jane Lacey. Start date to be determined. To Sign up email Jane Lacey.
Monday Morning Men’s Doubles 8:00 am -11:00 am
Open to all men, there is no limit as to the number of participants however sign up on Squashnut is required. Bring your own tennis balls.
Wednesday Night Intermediate Ladies Tennis 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm.
This program is a continuation of last year’s league and once again will be organized by June Schultz (Club Treasurer). She will be contacting last years participants to confirm their participation for 2022. Any ladies who are not currently members and who would be interested in being placed on the Sub List should contact June at
Single Challenge Ladder
To add your name to the new Singles Challenge Ladder, click on Signup Menu on Squashnut then Ladder Signup, then Sign Up-Ladder. We’ll give it some time to see if there is much interest before starting. Mixed, all levels. Check out the rules by clicking on Ladder.
This year the club will again be offering the opportunity to take lessons from Kane Easter Tennis.
MAY AND JUNE SESSIONS – Starting May 3, 2022, and May 5, 2022
• Clinic A – Tuesdays 4:30-5:25
• Clinic B – Tuesdays 5:30-6:25
• Clinic C – Thursdays 4:30-5:25
• Clinic D – Thursdays 5:30-6:25
JULY AND AUGUST SESSIONS
• Clinic A – Tuesdays 4:00 – 4:55
• Clinic B – Tuesdays – 5:00 – 5:55
• Clinic C – Thursdays – 4:00 – 4:55
• Clinic D – Thursdays – 5:00 – 5:55
• Each clinic costs $110.00 (plus HST) and includes 7 sessions (2 rainout dates). Sessions are 55 minutes to allow for safe entry and exit of the courts. Clinics will run for 7 weeks from their start date. The maximum number of participants allowed in each clinic will be 6. A minimum of 4 participants is required for a clinic to run. Please note that Kane will try to accommodate clinic preferences, but it may be necessary to combine clinics depending on numbers and/or prior experience. You do not have to be a member of the BTC to take a clinic, however those who are not members will only be able to utilize the courts during clinic time. (BE – Beginner – IN – Intermediate – AD – Advanced)
Lessons With John Easter
The BTC is pleased to announce that John Easter will again be providing lessons at the BTC in a similar fashion to the program that was offered in the 2021 season.
Wednesdays – One court will be allocated for lessons 9-10; 10-11; 11-12; 12-1; and 1-2.
Fridays – One Court will be allocated for lessons 11-12; 12-1; 1-2.
In a change from last year, Club Members will be able to book both courts (at the 9-10 and 10-11 court times) for regular play until the end of the day on Tuesday. If at that time, one of the courts has not been booked John Easter will be able to book that 1 court
for the 9-10 and 10-11 slots.
As a reminder, non-members must become members after one lesson if they wish to continue lessons at the BTC
Please contact John directly if you are interested in taking lessons. He will be happy to provide all the details regarding cost and scheduling.
John Easter – 905-718-1054 email@example.com
Adult Mixed Doubles Tournaments
The BTC is planning an “Official Club Opening and Social and two fun tournaments this season.
The courts will be reserved for these 3 popular events:
- The Official Club Opening will be Monday May 30th 7:00 pm to ? .
- The June fun mixed doubles tournament date is Saturday, June 25th (Rain Date – Sunday June 26th).
- The September fun mixed doubles tournament date is Saturday, September 17th (Rain Date – Sunday September 18th).
As usual, you do not have to have a partner for the fun tournaments. Your partner is assigned by the tournament director. Sign Up Information will follow.